Saturday 8 June 2019

Review: 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There were some great moments in this book; valuable to help deal with the world, life and being.

The fact I made 175 highlights confirms there were moments of great thought. The focus on moral compass and the value of exploring your Being; are helpful insights into improving our lives.

However, as the last chapters/rules dragged on, the writing became somewhat arrogant and in my view had a tinge of sexism; or at least misconstrued opinion on the roles of gender in our society.

As with any book, reading it gave me another persons perspective, some worthwhile and some not.

(By the way, the writing style makes this a challenging read sometimes, and hence the time it takes to finish)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment